Charles Francis is the co-founder and director of the Mindfulness Meditation Institute. For over 18 years, he has worked to help people find inner peace through mindfulness meditation. Charles has published numerous articles, and is the author of the new book, Mindfulness Meditation Made Simple. On the show we talk about:
• The benefits of meditation while you are coping with a divorce.
• The different rituals of meditation and how they are used.
• How to start a meditation practice.
• How to discipline your mind to increase your ability to focus.
• How you can use meditation to steady your emotions during divorce.
• Why meditation helps you see clearer during your divorce.
• The importance of confronting and accepting your pain and loss.
• A new writing mediation practice that can help you accelerate your results.
• The problem with trying to find happiness through our senses and emotional gratification.
• What the roots of human suffering are.
• How to stay on track with your mediation practice.
Charles has a master’s degree in Public Administration from Syracuse University, with a focus on health care management and policy. He also earned a master’s degree in International Relations while studying in China and Japan.
Charles is a speaker and does consulting to help organizations develop mindfulness training programs, in order to help them realize the cost-saving benefits of the mindfulness practice. He also leads workshops and mindfulness retreats.
Charles Francis is available for mindfulness consulting for businesses, associations, nonprofit organizations, and government institutions. Requests for further information, availability for speaking, and consulting should be directed to the address and phone number below:
The Mindfulness Meditation Institute
P.O. Box 12432
Raleigh, NC 27605
Phone: (919) 803-3517
Email: [email protected]
Web site: www.MindfulnessMeditationInstitute.org